LOCATIONS AND DIRECTIONS ARE IMPORTANT
- Benjamin Haddock lived south of here on the old Jefferson place about a mile from where Thomas Haddock lived in 1880.
- It was warm in the South - not it was warm in the south.
Records should be listed as they are written in the public record.
- Example: Charles Haddock, Jr., had four patents in Barry County. They were in 1852, 1853, 1857 and 1859.
- In 1852 he had a patent for 40 acres that was of the SWSE of Section 10, twp 25N, Range 28W of the 5PM of Barry County, MO.
- In 1853, Charles Haddock, Jr. patented 40 acres that was in the SESE of Section 10, 25N, 28W of 5th PM, Barry Co., MO.
- In 1857 Charles Haddock had a patent for 80 acres in E 1/2 SE of Section 11, 25N, 28 W, 5th PM of Barry. In 1859, he had a patent for 80 acres that was13, Section 15, 21 N, 26W of the 5th PM of Barry County, MO.