Donna Cooper

Donna Cooper

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ancestors - Lost & Found

LOST AND FOUND

  • Our ancestor's are people that once lived. They all left paper trails so it is up to us to find the trail or at least some dust they left behind. 
  • Our ancestors were never lost so they can't be found - but their names can be located in the record books.

  1. Example: I found listed my grandmother's brothers, Lemuel and Chester Berryhill, in Barry Co., MO. They were listed as children of Jeff Berryhill in a Barry County, MO, newspaper. 
  2. Example: I found a will in Pitt County, North Carolina that names Dinah Taylor as a sister to my grandfather. 
  3. Example: I located my grandmother's family in Pitt County, North Carolina, living next door to Nasby Mills. Finding Nasby opened many doors that can be opened now one at a time.
  4. Example: I found in the cemetery a stone that was lost. Now I will try and find who it belongs to.
  5. Example: I found lost a photo in my grandmother's belongings that might have belonged to her mother-in-law.
  6. Example: Finding the records for my Simpson family has been more than a struggle with the recording keeping system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment